d
Follow us

Introducing Alexandra Ward, the New President of the Collegians Association Committee

I am very pleased to write that I have been elected as the President of the Collegians Association Committee in 2024, alongside a stellar executive comprising of Paul Newland as Vice-President, Tate Manning as Treasurer and Zara-Louise Whellum as Secretary.

By way of a brief introduction, I was a resident of St Ann’s from 2016 to 2021 (with a short interlude for my year studying abroad). After receiving degrees in law and English, I now practice as a lawyer in civil litigation.

This is my third year on the Collegians Committee and I am excited to lead a Committee of dedicated Collegians as we continue the great work of the 2023 Committee.

I would like to extend my thanks to Paul Newland, the Collegians’ President in 2023, for all of his hard work and passion for the College and the Collegians. The Collegians have been in very capable hands and we are well placed to execute all of the exciting plans that we have for the year ahead.

One of our focuses for 2024 is ex-Collegian engagement. In addition to the 20-year Reunion, which will be held at the College on 13 April 2024, we plan to hold events throughout the year to give ex-Collegians the opportunity to come back to the College and reconnect with their College friends and memories. Keep an eye out for event invitations and save-the-dates!

We are also eager to continue our mentoring and professional development programs. New mentors are always welcome, so please reach out to a member of the Committee if you’re interested in spreading some of your industry knowledge to current, or recently graduated, residents of the College.

If you’re interested in joining our Committee, or even just popping in to lend a hand, please feel free to come along to our next meeting scheduled for 6pm on Wednesday, 20 March 2024. We would love to see you there!

Alexandra Ward
President of the Collegians Association Committee

Share this article with your friends!